Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Day In The Life

My Dearest Reader,

My life as an Egyptian slave is often troubling. Serving the Pharoah is tough work, though we all know it must be done. Luckily, King Ramses II is a very agreeable person, and we owe him a lot of appreciation and respect.
Today, I was sent to the best tomb engraver in Egypt so that His tomb would be planned for when He died. I can only hope to have a lavish tomb to sleep in until the afterlife. If I can scrape enough money, maybe I can get some of my body embalmed. I hope I can, for I would love to be prepared the same way that the people of high society are.
A scribe wrote what was to be written on the thin papyrus paper made of the reeds that us slaves have to collect on occasion. The scribes write books and documents, since most of us are not as educated in the written language.
On any note, I know King Ramses will be a great god when he departs from this life to the next, The other gods will smile kindly upon him and welcome him with open arms, for a greater ruler has never been seen. Ramses is very special and he has created peace with our enemies in this time of war.
I hope one day, I will be freed and allowed to be a farmer in the village. Perhaps I will grow grain. We grow a few things here such as wheat, barley, vegetables, figs, melons, pomegranates, and grapes for wine. I would like to be a bit higher in society.
I would also learn the arts of mathematics, medicine, and literature. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to have that type of education as a slave. I would like to have help with the irrigation system we created, because I wish to be that smart.
I must go now, for one of the young sons of the King requires my assistance in finding his golden collar.

As Always and Forever Yours,
Aloli



Photobucket

No comments: