My Dear Reader,
It is often said that Buddhism is a hassle in the followers' everyday life. I do not believe this is true. Buddhists are often depicted as meditating all the time and living in a different world than the rest of the people on earth. I will show you that this is not true.
In the morning, before thinking about what I am going to eat for breakfast and what is going on today, I change my form of thought. I tell myself that today will be a good day and I will harm nobody if it is possible. I do not fill my mind of things that I should do, I fill my mind with things that I will do. We often do this to remind ourselves of the disadvantages of being self-centered. My goal is to have a kind heart that will guide me towards enlightenment.
I then meditate after I wash and eat breakfast. Meditation is a very important thing in my life, because it allows me to strengthen myself spiritually, and helps me truly be at peace with myself. Meditation is usually done through mantras, letting me subside my worries and focus on emanating a positive energy that will be with me for the rest of the day. It is very nice to be content with life, and I find meditation as an escape from my busy life.
I am always trying to apply dharma wherever I go. In order to do this, I always tell myself that I shall have a kind heart, working towards my goal. For example, when my mother requires me to something that is not really on my list of priorities, I must put aside my agitation and tell myself "I will not harm anyone, for my heart is good," and I continue on with the task. I try not to live on "automatic", reacting on my emotions, and I try to cultivate my thoughtfulness. In my religion, we are very thoughtful of the environment because we know that things such as pollution affect those who come after us as well. Another example of mindfulness is offering someone our food before we eat it. We then visualize ourselves offering our food to Buddha. As we eat, we focus and appreciate all of the effort that goes into the growing, transporting, and preparation of the food.
At the end of the day, I reflect on how I worked towards my goal and enlightenment. I then remember what I can do better and tell myself that I will do it next time. As I said, our lives our not full of what we should do, but of what we will do.
As you think about this, you may think that it is very time consuming and that I only focus on my spiritual being, but I still live a normal life. I go to work as business woman, and I go out with my friends. My view on life is just much more peaceful than other people's because I strive towards my goal. I do not want to linger in the world for another life, so I strive for Nirvana. In all reality, practicing my beliefs doesn't take up as much time as thought. I just keep it in the back of mind, always.
It is often said that Buddhism is a hassle in the followers' everyday life. I do not believe this is true. Buddhists are often depicted as meditating all the time and living in a different world than the rest of the people on earth. I will show you that this is not true.
In the morning, before thinking about what I am going to eat for breakfast and what is going on today, I change my form of thought. I tell myself that today will be a good day and I will harm nobody if it is possible. I do not fill my mind of things that I should do, I fill my mind with things that I will do. We often do this to remind ourselves of the disadvantages of being self-centered. My goal is to have a kind heart that will guide me towards enlightenment.
I then meditate after I wash and eat breakfast. Meditation is a very important thing in my life, because it allows me to strengthen myself spiritually, and helps me truly be at peace with myself. Meditation is usually done through mantras, letting me subside my worries and focus on emanating a positive energy that will be with me for the rest of the day. It is very nice to be content with life, and I find meditation as an escape from my busy life.
I am always trying to apply dharma wherever I go. In order to do this, I always tell myself that I shall have a kind heart, working towards my goal. For example, when my mother requires me to something that is not really on my list of priorities, I must put aside my agitation and tell myself "I will not harm anyone, for my heart is good," and I continue on with the task. I try not to live on "automatic", reacting on my emotions, and I try to cultivate my thoughtfulness. In my religion, we are very thoughtful of the environment because we know that things such as pollution affect those who come after us as well. Another example of mindfulness is offering someone our food before we eat it. We then visualize ourselves offering our food to Buddha. As we eat, we focus and appreciate all of the effort that goes into the growing, transporting, and preparation of the food.
At the end of the day, I reflect on how I worked towards my goal and enlightenment. I then remember what I can do better and tell myself that I will do it next time. As I said, our lives our not full of what we should do, but of what we will do.
As you think about this, you may think that it is very time consuming and that I only focus on my spiritual being, but I still live a normal life. I go to work as business woman, and I go out with my friends. My view on life is just much more peaceful than other people's because I strive towards my goal. I do not want to linger in the world for another life, so I strive for Nirvana. In all reality, practicing my beliefs doesn't take up as much time as thought. I just keep it in the back of mind, always.
As Always,
Buddha's Follower

No comments:
Post a Comment